Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Divas is a day of remembrance observed in many countries to honor those who died while fighting for their country’s freedom or for a noble cause.
In India, Martyrs’ Day is observed on January 30th every year to honor Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, who was assassinated on that day in 1948. The day is also observed to pay tribute to all the freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for India’s independence.
Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Divas is also commemorated on March 23 to remember the sacrifice of three extraordinary revolutionaries of India – Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Rajguru, and Sukhdev Thapar. Every year, this day is observed to pay homage to the unsung heroes of our nation and the freedom fighters who laid their lives for independent, sovereign, and liberal India.
“It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
Our flag is wavering because our martyrs gave their life for it, Salute our great martyrs on Shaheed Diwas 23 March.
The whole nation is remembering your incomparable contribution to securing our nationality. Salute our great martyrs on Shaheed Diwas on 23 March.
History is a witness, martyrs are the ones for whom history is written.
“Let us pray for our martyrs and their families as they are the ones who give India so much strength. Wishing a very Happy Shaheed Diwas to all.”
The light of your sacrifice is sparkling in our nation. You were great freedom fighters who sacrificed your life for the nation but your name is wavering in the flag of India.
Keep in mind that the seeds of the nation have been watered by the blood of the martyrs.
Bhagat Singh’s slogans
- “They may kill me, but they cannot kill my ideas. They can crush my body, but they will not be able to crush my spirit.”
- “Philosophy is the outcome of human weakness or limitation of knowledge.”
- “Revolution is an inalienable right of mankind. Freedom is an imperishable birthright of all.”
- “Labor is the real sustainer of society.”
- “I am a man and all that affects mankind concerns me.”
- “If the deaf have to hear, the sound has to be very loud.”
- “A rebellion is not a revolution. It may ultimately lead to that end.”
- “Bombs and pistols do not make a revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas.”
- “Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith.”
- “The aim of life is no more to control the mind, but to develop it harmoniously; not to achieve salvation hereafter, but to make the best use of it here below.”
- “Merciless criticism and independent thinking are the two necessary traits of revolutionary thinking.”
- “But man’s duty is to try and endeavor, success depends upon chance and environment.”
- “By crushing individuals, they cannot kill ideas.”
- “I am full of ambition and hope and charm in life. But I can renounce everything in time of need.”