Zain Javadd Malik, known mononymously as Zayn, was born on 12 January 1993 and is a British singer. His five-piece boy band One Direction went on to become one of the best-selling boy bands of all time. After his first solo studio album, Mind of Mine (2016), and it‘s lead single, “Pillowtalk”, he became the first British male artist to debut at number one in both the UK and the US.
Zayn Malik Biography
|Real Name||Zain Javadd Malik|
|Birthplace||Bradford, West Yorkshire, England|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1993|
|Height||In Centimetres – 172 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5’ 7
|Weight||In Kilograms – 63 Kg|
In Pounds – 139 lbs
|Education||Tong High School, West Yorkshire, England|
He left school at the age of 17 to pursue his music career.
Zayn Malik Family
- Zayn Malik’s father Yaser Malik was an immigrant Pakistani Muslim, while his mother Trisha Malik was of English and Irish descent.
- Malik has one older sister, Doniya, and two younger sisters, Waliyha and Safaa.
Zayn Malik Education
Zayn Malik attended Tong High School, a comprehensive school located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. However, he left school at the age of 17 to focus on his music career.
Zayn Malik Career
Zayn Malik’s career began in 2010 when he auditioned for the seventh season of the British singing competition show, The X Factor. Although he was initially eliminated as a solo artist, he was brought back to the competition as a member of the boy band One Direction, along with Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson.
One Direction achieved worldwide success, it became one of the best-selling boy bands of all time. Malik left the group in 2015 to pursue a solo career and signed a solo recording contract with RCA Records.
In 2016, Malik released his debut solo album, “Mind of Mine,” which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart. The album included the hit singles “Pillowtalk” and “Like I Would.”
He released his second studio album, Icarus Falls, in 2018, followed by his third album, Nobody Is Listening, in 2021
Aside from music, Malik has also worked as a fashion designer, collaborating with brands such as Versace and Giuseppe Zanotti. He has also modeled for various fashion campaigns and magazines.
Zayn Malik Relationships
- Malik began dating English singer Perrie Edwards of the band Little Mix in December 2011, but they broke up in August 2015.
- In late 2015, he started dating American model Gigi Hadid, Gigi Hadid & Zayn together have a daughter Khai.
- Malik and Hadid ended their relationship in October 2021, after Hadid’s mother accused him of striking her. Hadid and Malik have been co-parenting Khai since their split in October 2021.