World Cotton Day is celebrated every year on 07 October by the United Nations. This day highlights the importance of cotton in today’s world and the challenges faced by cotton economies around the world. Do you know? One ton of cotton provides employment to 5 or 6 people throughout the year.
What is the theme of World Cotton Day 2023?
2023 Theme of World Cotton Day: “Making cotton fair and sustainable for all, from farm to fashion”.
World Cotton Day 2023 Quotes in English
Beautiful fabrics last; synthetics don’t. Certain fabrics, such as linen or cotton, develop their own character over time.
Cotton was a force of nature. There’s poetry to it, hoeing and growing cotton.
Half the world does not know the joys of wearing cotton underwear.
Loose, breathable fabrics are great… choose brands that have soft blazers such as loose linen or cotton – it doesn’t have to be a structured blazer with shoulder pads.
I loved to get all dusty and ride horses and plant potatoes and cotton.
I have to have the cotton candy shipped in.
I was never a chiffon and satin person. I am always a cotton person. It’s just the way I am.
My childhood home backed onto wheat and cotton fields.
“On World Cotton Day, let’s remember that cotton isn’t just a fabric; it’s a symbol of innovation, culture, and agriculture.”
“Cotton fields may seem ordinary, but they yield extraordinary possibilities for a sustainable future.”
“The soft touch of cotton reminds us of the gentle embrace of nature. Happy World Cotton Day!”
“Cotton, with its timeless appeal, tells a story of tradition and modernity coming together.”
“On World Cotton Day, let’s pledge to support sustainable cotton practices and honor this incredible fiber.”
Facts about Cotton on World Cotton Day 2023
- It is a seed-hair fiber of various species of plants of the genus Gossypium, belonging to the hibiscus, or mallow family.
- The fabric of cotton is durable and resistant to abrasion.
- Cotton accepts various dyes, is usually washable, and relatively at high temperatures can be ironed.
- Cotton clothes are comfortable to wear as they absorb and release moisture quickly.
- Cotton is renewable and bio-degradable. It is the most sustainable raw material for the textile industry.
- India is one of the largest producers of cotton in the world accounting for about 26% of the world’s cotton production.
For more images check our Pinterest pages.