World Cotton Day is celebrated every year on 07 October by United Nations. This day highlights the importance of cotton in today’s world and the challenges faced by cotton economies around the world. Do you know? One ton of cotton provides employment to 5 or 6 people throughout the year.
The theme for World Cotton Day 2021 was “Cotton for Good”.
World Cotton Day 2022 Quotes in English
Beautiful fabrics last; synthetics don’t. Certain fabrics, such as linen or cotton, develop their own character over time.
Cotton was a force of nature. There’s poetry to it, hoeing and growing cotton.
Half the world does not know the joys of wearing cotton underwear.
Loose, breathable fabrics are great… choose brands that have soft blazers such as loose linen or cotton – it doesn’t have to be a structured blazer with shoulder pads.
I loved to get all dusty and ride horses and plant potatoes and cotton.
I have to have the cotton candy shipped in.
I was never a chiffon and satin person. I am always a cotton person. It’s just the way I am.
My childhood home backed onto wheat and cotton fields.
Facts about Cotton on World Cotton Day 2022
- It is a seed-hair fibre of various species of plants of the genus Gossypium, belonging to the hibiscus, or mallow family.
- The fabric of cotton is durable and resistant to abrasion.
- Cotton accepts various dyes, is usually washable, and relatively at high temperatures can be ironed.
- Cotton clothes are comfortable to wear as it absorbs and releases moisture quickly.
- Cotton is renewable and bio-degradable. It is the most sustainable raw material for the textile industry.
- India is one of the largest producers of cotton in the world accounting for about 26% of the world’s cotton production.